Mondays can seem really bleak and unnerving after having had a beautiful weekend.
But starting your week off on the right foot is key to staying productive and successful throughout the rest of the week.
Monday is a great day to get back into the swing of things after taking time off for the weekend. While it may not seem like it, Mondays are an opportunity to get yourself in check so you can crush it at work all week long as well as beyond that.
For that reason, these 55 Monday affirmations will help you to feel amazing about this new work week!
55 monday affirmations
Before I dive deeper into any specifics, let’s take a look at some affirmations, shall we?
- Monday is just another day, no need to let it impact me negatively.
- I feel amazing today.
- I am ready for a productive week.
- I am confident and ready to take on new opportunities.
- I feel excited about starting a new week.
- I have an aura of positive energy around me today.
- Monday is always my best day at work!
- Today is a new beginning for me and I’m ready to begin the rest of my week on the right foot!
- Today, all of my problems are gone!
- I am excited to see what this week has in store for me.
- A new week means new opportunities.
- I will face any obstacles this week with confidence, strength, and enthusiasm.
- I dedicate today to new opportunities and fresh ideas.
- Everything is working out for me today!
- Today is a new day and I’m ready to take on anything that comes my way!
- I accept this new week with open arms and an open heart.
- This is a new beginning for me, a new start!
- I am grateful I got to wake up this morning.
- My life is beautiful.
- I am grateful for having a job that helps me to pay the bills.
- I may not be the most talented, but I am able to provide for my family.
- Thankful for today’s opportunities.
- I trust that everything will go according to plan today.
- Today is a new day and I have a fresh start to a brand new week!
- I welcome this new week with open arms and an open mind!
- I am excited about this fresh start that has been given to me!
- There is nothing bad about Monday, it is just another day in my life.
- I am willing to face any challenges that this new week brings my way.
- Today, I am the master of my own destiny!
- The work week has started and I am excited!
- A brand new week means a brand new me!
- New opportunities await me today, let’s make them come true!
- Today is full of possibilities and endless opportunities await me in this new week!
- I’m choosing to have a fantastic day.
- I am excited about this new week and its opportunities.
- I’m honored to be given a brand new week!
- Today is a great day to take on new opportunities and make a fresh start in my life!
- Every day is different, I may not know what tomorrow will bring, but I will be ready for it.
- Today, I am happy that I have the opportunity to take on new challenges and learn something new every single day of the week!
- I am manifesting a calm and productive day.
- Today has the potential to be the best day of my life so far.
- I am excited about my possibilities, my opportunities, and my growth.
- Today is only the start of a great week!
- Today is wonderful and amazing, I am so grateful to have a new chance to create something new today!
- Monday is one of my favorite days of the week!
- I accept this new week with open arms and let it bring me unlimited opportunities and possibilities!
- This week, I choose positivity.
- I am excited to have a fresh start.
- I can’t wait to use my capabilities and learn new things this week!
- I am excited to see what this week has in store for me!
- I will be happy today, this is my choice and I’m sticking with it!
- Today is a fresh new day and could be the best day of my life so far!
- I am approaching the day ahead with a positive mindset.
- I love Mondays.
- Today, I am excited to meet new people and make new connections!
Commit these positive Monday affirmations to heart and watch yourself start off the work week feeling amazing!
How do you use these affirmations?
There are a few different ways you can use these affirmations.
You can read them aloud, write them down, record them, or even visualize yourself saying them.
You can also take these affirmations and apply them to your goals. Whatever works best for you is what you should do!
The thing is, there really is no wrong or right way to use affirmations – it all depends on you.
However, generally speaking, saying them out loud is said to be a bit more powerful than simply reading them.
You can also use affirmations for your goals as well. Just sub in the goal for the affirmation and follow along!
Just don’t do too many at once, you may lose yourself and direction. Keep it simple and straightforward!
The only thing that I can really advise you with is that you use these affirmations as often as possible, at least once a day.
For me, it helps to choose a certain time during my day to do them, like while I’m brushing my teeth.
Looking in the mirror while I’m saying these affirmations actually helps to immerse myself in them. Whatever you do, just do it as often as possible!
This will help make sure that your mind gets used to hearing how amazing you are and it will also help you to start believing what you’re saying.
But meditation can also be an amazing time to recite your affirmations.
During meditation, your brain is extremely receptible to suggestions, so use this as a good time to do some positive affirmations!
I also suggest that you read them out loud every day.
Whatever you do, just make sure that you are using these positive affirmations at the very least once a day, and really immerse yourself in what you are saying!
Why should I use affirmations?
There are many great reasons why you should be using affirmations to better your life and improve your mindset.
For one, it can help you to open up yourself to new ideas.
It can also be a great tool for self-improvement and self-growth.
This positive affirmation list has not only been great for me, but they have also helped many of my friends start off the work week with a much better mindset.
Some people are really against using positive affirmations and think that it is nonsense or that it doesn’t really do anything for you.
In fact, it is scientifically proven that your brain cannot really differentiate between your thoughts and reality, so it is extremely important to use positive thoughts, even if you are just visualizing them.
In fact, the more you visualize something, the more likely it is that your subconscious will try to make it a reality.
Your subconscious mind doesn’t know the difference between what’s real and what’s not.
Now: if you picture yourself thinking negative thoughts 24/7 and your brain truly believes they are real, then that will obviously have an effect on you and your actions!
If you don’t believe in affirmations, then just try it out for a week or two and see how you feel.
Are affirmations dangerous or effective?
Affirmations are a powerful way to change the way you think! But, they are not magic spells that will grant you anything you wish for.
Now, to the question of whether affirmations can be dangerous, the answer is pretty simple: no.
You see, affirmations are always meant to guide your brain in a more positive direction, like a compass.
If you ask a person to walk north, they will naturally follow the directions, and if you ask them to walk towards the sun, then they will naturally head in that direction as well.
The only thing that is arguably dangerous is letting your negative thoughts take over your life and act as the compass for your life – but that is up to you as the driver.
Now, affirmations are also not going to grant you anything you want!
What they will do, however, is put your mind in the right mindset.
Affirmations are designed to help guide your mind so that it can shine through and get what it wants in life.
The thing is, if you think about it, most things in life are just a matter of your mindset.
Whether you are fit or lazy – a matter of mindset. Whether you are successful or not – a matter of mindset.
So, when using affirmations, you can literally change your mindset and therefore your life.
They are not a magic spell because in the end, you are the one doing all the work, but they will guide your mind in the right direction.
Your mind is just as powerful as you are, always has been and always will be.
You can literally control it by making it a positive place, and affirmations are great at doing just that!
Why do affirmations work?
Affirmations work by reprogramming your mind to be more positive, open, and hopeful.
They also work by helping to visualize what you want your life to look like. When you visualize something and truly believe it, you can make it happen.
As I mentioned earlier, your brain doesn’t know the difference between what is real and what isn’t. So, if you think about being sick and believe that’s your reality, then you will be sick – because your brain has registered that as a reality!
The thing is, the more you think a certain way, the more your brain will begin to rewire its neural pathways so that it can start acting upon what you are thinking.
Therefore, if you think and act in a positive way, your brain will adapt to that and make it easier for you to continue thinking and acting positively.
So, essentially, affirmations help to reprogram your mind so that it is more receptive and open to new ideas.
The good news?
It is in your hands to create the life that you want. You have the power to guide yourself in the right direction, but it is up to you to make it happen!
You can use affirmations as a way of visualizing what you want your life to look like so that you can get there.
Can you write your own affirmations?
Absolutely! Affirmations can be written or spoken.
You can also combine multiple affirmations together if you’d like. Whatever works best for you is what you should do!
The thing is, your own written affirmation will probably work even better for you than someone else’s.
Whenever you create one, ensure that you always use “I” instead of “you”. This helps you to be in alignment with what you are saying. You can also use visualization techniques to see yourself succeeding and achieving what you want out of life.
If you want to get really specific, I suggest doing just that – writing down what exactly it is that you want.
There are no real rules to affirmations, except that they should be written in the present tense and never state something negative, like “I’m not sad”, instead, say “I choose happiness”.
The present tense is important to signal to the brain that this affirmation is already your reality and that you have decided to make it so.
Using negative words can actually work against you and push you away from what it is that you want to achieve.
Once you think about these two simple rules, it gets really easy to write your own affirmations!
What else can you do to stay motivated?
There are quite a few things that you can do to stay motivated.
You can set goals for yourself for the week. You can also meditate and journal throughout the week if you’d like.
Journaling can be a great way to get all of your thoughts and emotions out so that you can let them go and move on.
You can also spend time with friends, family, and loved ones throughout the week if you’d like.
I know that Mondays can be a bit rough sometimes, but if you think about it, Monday is a day of the week like any other.
We humans have invented the concept of time and weekdays, technically there is no difference between Mondays, Fridays, Christmas Morning, etc.
You can make Mondays anything you want! You can understand that it’s just a day of the week or you can spend time with family, friends, do new things and change your perspective on Mondays.
Remember that it is up to you to decide how Mondays affect your mood and your life.
When your mindset is set on the fact that Mondays are terrible and you are going to hate every minute of them, then how will you feel when you get there?
The thing is, if that is your mindset, you will subconsciously keep looking for reasons that will actually reaffirm your belief, which means you will see all the negative, terrible things.
Instead, if you choose to look at Monday and think of all the things you can accomplish that day, then you will feel the excitement and the possibility that is there.
There are many ways to stay motivated and make yourself happy, because I believe happiness comes first, but this is one way that has worked well for me.
I hope it works well for you too.
It is up to you to decide how you react and adapt to Mondays.
The Monday affirmations listed above are a great way to start your week off right.
Make sure to read them often and use them as a way to motivate yourself throughout the week.
These affirmations are meant to help you break away from your stressors, anxieties, and worries.
They are meant to help you become more positive and optimistic about your future.
Now that you’ve read these affirmations, make sure to put them into action!
Get yourself ready for the week ahead, and use these affirmations to help you stay motivated and inspired.